Hey people, i know that it has been a very long time since i posted something. In tat view i want t put forward a ridiculous yet competent excuse. the thing is sometime back my right hand’s thumb was bent in my fight with my younger sibling making it tad bit difficult to eat, let alone type. it was some time back and since then, i have learned to use my left hand more efficiently(only good i can think of right now.also now i can scoop ice cream without it melting first. Hurrahh) Now i can type a bit and eat using my left hand and a part of my right hand. So that’s that. Anyone who wants sends flowers will be deeply appreciated.
Anyway since i am here, may as well write something. I was thinking about the world’s first technical advancement. You know that made what is now possible. And i found that many of us don’t know these things even though we are using the advanced versions that are so adept in out lives. So e.ven though you may feel that history lessons are boring, here’s one anyway
So here we go. Some of the things that led to our present life being worthwhile.
- First Car : In 1807,François Isaac de Rivaz designed the first car powered by an internal combustion engine fueled by Hydrogen. But the real credit for cars as we know them goes to Benz. In 1886, the first petrol- or gasoline-powered automobile, was invented by Karl Benz.This is also considered to be the first “production” vehicle as Benz made several other identical copies.
- First Website: info.cern.ch was the address of the world’s first-everweb site and web server, running on a NeXT computer at CERN. The first web page address was http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html, which centred on information regarding the WWW project. Made by Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee.
- World’s first computer : The first general purpose programmable electronic computer was the ElectronicNumerical Integrator and Computer (ENIAC), built by J. Presper Eckert and John V. Mauchly at the University of Pennsylvania.It weighed more than 30 short tons (27 t), was roughly 8 by 3 by 100 feet (2.4 m × 0.9 m × 30 m), took up 1800 square feet (167 m2), and consumed 150 kW of power. This led to the rumor that whenever the computer was switched on, lights in Philadelphia dimmed.
- Computer Virus : Brain is the industry standard name for acomputer virus that was released in its first form in January 1986, and is considered to be the firstvirus for MS-DOS .It infects the boot sector of storage media formatted with the FAT file system. Brain was written by two brothers, Basit Farooq Alvi and Amjad Farooq Alvi from Lahore,Pakistan.
- First TV and First Commercial : By the 1920s, when amplification made television practical, Scottish inventor John Logie Baird employed the Nipkow disk in his prototype video systems. On March 25, 1925, Baird gave the first public demonstration of televised silhouette images in motion, at Selfridge’s Department Store in London. 1927: American inventor Philo Farnsworth (1906-1971) develops an all-electronic television system which he demonstrates to the press in September 1928. He would not give a public demonstration until 1934. The first TV commercial — the first legal one, at any rate — aired in the U.S. on July 1, 1941. It was a shaky, 10-second spot for Bulova, a watch and jewelry company that had been founded in New York 66 years before.
- World’s first Software :The outline for what would be the first software was written by Ada Lovelace in the 19th century but was never created. Alan Turing is credited with being the first person to come up with a theory for software, which led to the two academic fields of computer science and software engineering.
- First Server : Made by Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee. for first Website.(duh)
- First Smartphone : 1992 –The first smartphone was invented by IBM in 1992. It was nicknamed, “Simon,” and had a plethora of features including a calendar, address book, calculator, email service, and even a touch screen. At $899.00, though, most people could not afford it
These are the world’s first accomplishment in the field of technology. Hope they inspire you to do something as well. (if not, don’t worry. one day they they will and you will do something great. I am sure of it. Like 90% sure. okay a good 80%. okay like a strong 72% ..you know what, i am gonna stop now.)